CINE PHOTO TOOLS (PTY) LTD
Cine Photo Tools with registration number 2012/217848/07 and VAT number 4680263821, incorporated in South Africa and trading as “Cine Photo Tools” (hereinafter “Cine Photo Tools”).
Our addresses are:
47 De Villiers Street
WEBSITE CONTENT OWNERSHIP
All content on our website is owned by us or our content suppliers. On behalf of ourselves and our content suppliers, we claim all property rights, including intellectual property rights, for this content and you are not allowed to infringe upon those rights. We will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law anyone who attempts to infringe these rights.
You agree not to copy content from our website without our written permission. Any requests to use our content should be submitted to us by e-mail from our contact page.
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed upon by our website content, please notify us by sending an e-mail at our contact page, or by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please describe in detail the alleged infringement, including the factual and legal basis for your claim of ownership.
PRICING AND PRODUCT INFORMATION
Prices, specifications, and images are subject to change without notification. Cine Photo Tools will not be held responsible for typographical or illustrative errors. The items represented on this website are for illustrative purpose only and are not a definite indication of our stock holding. Prices are subject to exchange rate, stock availability and terms and conditions.
Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of pricing and product information. Instances may arise in which a product(s) are priced incorrectly on the website or where the product information supplied is inaccurate. Cine Photo Tools will not be held bound by incorrect price(s) in case where obvious errors occur.
The correct prices will be confirmed with the customer on date of receiving the order.
Cine Photo Tools will not be held responsible for errors in product information supplied, unless such errors in product information were/reasonably should have been in the business as a professional photo tool sales company’s knowledge. Due to fluctuations in exchange rates and consequent variances in our local suppliers’ pricing, as well as the occurrence of periodic supplier price increases, Cine Photo Tools cannot guarantee that the price at which an item is ordered will be the price at which the goods will be sold once stock has landed in South Africa. In such instances Cine Photo Tools will either refund the customer the price paid or charge the difference in price to the customer should the customer still wish to purchase the product(s).
In instances where the Consumer Protection Act applies, these provisions are subject to that Act and in which instance pricing and material product information will be specifically agreed with the consumer.
VAT (Value Added Tax)
VAT is charged at 14%. All prices listed by Cine Photo Tools are inclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated. Goods that are exported outside of the borders of the Republic of South Africa do not carry a VAT charge.
Errors and Omissions
Cine Photo Tools makes every effort to ensure the accuracy and validity of the information provided on its web pages. However, as policies, price points, dates, conditions, stock availability and information are continually changing; Cine Photo Tools reserves the right to change at any time without notice, information contained on this website and makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Some products that are not in stock need to be imported and are subject to exchange ratefluctuations. These prices are not fixed and will be calculated when the stock is delivered to our shop.
WARRANTY / GUARANTEE
All products sold by Cine Photo Tools are covered by a minimum of a one-year guarantee, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects only. In the majority of instances the manufacturer of the product in South Africa endorses this guarantee. In such instances the manufacturer can be approached directly to affect the repair, or Cine Photo Tools will handle the entire repair process on behalf of the customer. Where a product is defective it is the responsibility of the customer to return the product at his or her own risk and expenses to Cine Photo Tools. Cine Photo Tools will facilitate the repair or replacement and then ship or return the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs. Cine Photo Tools is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the one-year guarantee period, or products that are damaged accidentally (or through misuse by the buyer), however, Cine Photo Tools in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network or repair agents with which Cine Photo Tools has business dealings.
Outside of these guaranteed terms, if the Consumer Protection act (“the Act”) applies Cine Photo Tools warrants its Client that the product/s which have been supplied by the Company and delivered to the Client shall be free from defects and subject to the following:
The warranty is effective for a period of six months. The date is determined from date of instillation and will the Client be entitled to either request a refund; replacement or repair of the photo tools or equipment if the photo tools or equipment being provided/installed are believed to be of a substandard quality within such period.
The warranty shall immediately be rendered null and void in the event of any of the following:
- Any alterations or modifications or addition made to the product supplied, without the prior consent of Cine Photo Tools.
- Failure to use the product supplied in accordance with the instructions and specifications of Cine Photo Tools
- Damages due to the general mistreatment and abuse of the product supplied/installed;
- Any damage caused by fire, flood, civil disturbance or act of God;
- Any default that can be attributed to normal wear and tear of the product supplied taking into regard the oldness of the equipment and the use it was normally put to in the past. All refurbished/reconditioned/previously used equipment will only be supplied and installed at the Clients specific instructions;
- The equipment supplied and installed has not been inspected by a technical expert in order to evaluate/determine the reason for the defects in them, before the Client requested its replacement, repair or refund.
WARRANTY ON REPAIR SERVICES
Cine Photo Tools warrants its Client that the parts and material, which have been supplied and or installed by the Company as parts of these services shall be free from defects and subject to the following:
– The warranty is effective for a period of three months. The date is determined from date of finalisation of the repair services and will the Client be entitled to either request a refund; replacement or repair of the Cine Photo Tools if the photo tools being provided/installed during such services are believed to be of a substandard quality within such period;
– The warranty shall immediately be rendered null and void in the event of any of the following:
- Any alterations or modifications or addition made to the photo tools repaired, without the prior consent of Cine Photo Tools.
- Failure to use photo tools and equipment repaired in accordance with the instructions and specifications of Cine Photo Tools.
- Damages due to the general mistreatment and abuse of the photo tools and equipment repaired.
- Any damage caused by fire, flood, civil disturbance or act of God.
- Any default that can be attributed to normal wear and tear of the photo tools and equipment repaired taking into regard the oldness of the equipment and the use it was normally put to in the past. All refurbished/reconditioned/previously used equipment will only be supplied and installed during repair services at the Clients specific instructions;
- The photo tools and equipment being repaired have not been inspected by a technical expert in order to evaluate/determine the reason for the defects in the equipment, before the Client requested its replacement, repair or refund.
Stock of goods on offer may be limited, and Cine Photo Tools’s obligation to deliver is subject to stock being available. In the event of stock not being available and the Consumer Protection Act being available to the transaction the customer will be contacted and an alternative product of the same or better quality offered. If no such Product is available the Customer will be provided with an opportunity to cancel the Agreement.
If the electronic Communications and Transactions Act applies Cine Photo Tools will notify the Customer should there be any delay in obtaining/delivering any goods ordered. The unavailable order will be placed on back order, and the remainder of the order placed will be transported. Please check our website for the back ordered items estimated time of arrival. Please note that the dates reflected are estimates and Cine Photo Tools cannot guarantee the arrival dates. Should the back order however remain undelivered ……. days from the date the order was placed the Customer may cancel the agreement by giving Cine Photo Tools 7 (seven days) written notice. Any order is subject to cancellation by Cine Photo Tools should the goods ordered become unavailable or due to force majeure from any cause beyond Cine Photo Tools’ reasonable control.
GENERAL APPLICABLE TERMS
Subject to the rights of any buyer who qualifies as a consumer in terms of the CPA:
Whilst every effort is made to provide accurate estimates for delivery times (and in any event, to deliver within a reasonable period), Cine Photo Tools is not liable for any delays in delivery that occur as a result of our preferred courier partners’ schedules (or for any other reason beyond, Cine Photo Tools’ control).
Cine Photo Tools shall not be deemed to be aware any purpose for which goods are required, unless such purpose were communicated to Cine Photo Tools or were reasonably within their knowledge.
To the extent permitted by section 49 of the (if applicable), the liability of Cine Photo Tools (if applicable) is hereby limited on the basis that Cine Photo Tools can never be held liable for any consequential or special loss of whatsoever nature allegedly suffered by the Buyer by virtue of this agreement and/or its implementation, including late delivery or the defectiveness of products as defined (this limitation clause being specifically brought to the attention of the Buyer through same being underlined and placed in bold as envisaged in the said section 49), unless the limitation of liability is prohibit in terms of Section 48 of the Act such (if applicable).
Written orders accepted in writing, together with written quotations that may be applicable to the aforegoing (including website, inquiries and e-mail exchanges), will represent the essential terms of the particular sale agreement (which, together with these terms and conditions, will form the sole agreement between the parties which may only be varied, cancelled or novated if in writing and signed by both parties).
You accept that risk in the goods passes on delivery, but that ownership vests in Cine Photo Tools until full payment of the purchase price has been made.
Cine Photo Tools reserve their right to suspend delivery of any orders in the event that payment for such orders is not made on time. In the circumstances where payment is outstanding for a period exceeding 30 days from date of statement Cine Photo Tools will charge interest at a rate not exceeding 2% per month or as per the maximum rate determined by the National Credit Act from time to time on overdue payments.
All accounts older than 30 days will be handed over for collection and the Client will be liable to pay all legal fees with regard to the collection of such outstanding amounts on a fees scale as determined by the court of law/tribunal where the collection matter will be adjudicated.
The Client hereby agrees to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate Court in the event that any outstanding amount is handed over for collection, although such Magistrate Court may normally not have jurisdiction in the matter.
PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS
Credit Card Payments:
At the time of placing the order, the transaction details are presented to the bank and an authorization is obtained for the amount of the order. As a protection against fraud, Cine Photo Tools reserves the right to request ID documents, credit card billing statements and photocopies of any credit card used to make purchases on Cine Photo Tools. Cine Photo Tools reserves the right to refuse to ship or deliver orders to customers refusing to make such information available or whose information is suspicious in anyway.
Bank Deposit Payments:
If a buyer selects to pay via bank transfer the following conditions apply:
- The exact amount must be paid;
- The payment must be identified by supplying the order number and/or surname in the reference section of the deposit slip or on the electronic transfer.
Credit card refunds – we are able to reverse transactions on our payment gateway system. The refund will only reflect on the credit card used and no other method is allowed.
Bank Transfer (EFT) refunds, once an email with the order number, full banking details and request for refund is received, may take up to 5 working days for the refund to be processed by our accounts department. Please send request for refund emails to email@example.com. If a refund forms part of a return, then the terms applicable to returns apply as well.
Note: Cine Photo Tools accepts cheques only in exceptional circumstances. All cheque deposits are subject to a clearing period. Cine Photo Tools will only issue refunds as per the method of payment originally utilized by the customer.
The ECT Act states that when we offer goods or services by way of certain electronic transactions the following must be made available:
Full name: Cine Photo Tools (www.cinephototools.com)
Main business: Online Retailer of Photo/Video Hardware, Software and accessories
Address for receipt of legal service: 47 De Villiers Street Zonnebloem Cape Town 8001
Office bearers: Lauren Badenhorst
Official email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The manual published in terms of section 51 of the Promotion of Access to Information Act No 2 of 2000 may be downloaded from:http://www.acts.co.za/promotion_of_access_to_information_act_2000.htm
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Cine Photo Tools’s obligation to supply photo tools and equipment/finalise the work on time shall in all cases be subject to the following:
(a) Whilst delivery times are given in good faith and Cine Photo Tools will use every endeavour to comply therewith, no responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage incurred by the Client on account of any delay in delivery arising out of any circumstances beyond Cine Photo Tools control, which circumstances will include, but in no way be limited to:
- Any delays in the supply of photo tools or equipment by Cine Photo Tools’s Suppliers which cannot be directly or indirectly attributed to them;
- The client not providing Cine Photo Tools with necessary information in order to determine the specifications of the equipment required;
- The client or his/her/it’s employees not providing us with the adequate information, necessary in order to ensure that the photo tools and or equipment/repair service supplied meets its specific requirements. The Company reserves the right to amend the initial quotation, should the Client’s original requirements change or upon inspection by us;
- If the balance of the contract price payable on date of reservation is not payable on date of anticipated reservation to Cine Photo Tools.
Cine Photo Tools will communicate unavoidable delay in the delivery.
REFUND POLICY WITH REGARDS TO PROVISION OF GOODS
Please choose carefully. Cine Photo Tools does not normally give refunds with regards to photo tools being supplied or installed if you simply change your mind or make the wrong decision. You can choose between a refund, exchange or repair , where the product are defective within the warranty period or within 10 business days the product are wrongly described, different from the sample shown to you or do not perform. If the equipment are installed, affixed amended we will not accept a return of the equipment, unless defective. We may charge a handling fee if the return is accepted by management.
Cine Photo Tools requires a deposit of to confirm the reservation for the photo tools and or equipment being supplied/repair services. We may impose a cancellation fee in the event of cancellation before the date of reservation for the photo tools and or equipment to be supplied /repair services to be rendered. The fee will depend on the nature of the reservation, the length of notice of cancellation before reservation, the reasonable potential to find alternative clients for the reservation and the reason for cancellation. No refunds on deposits in the event of cancellation for already ordered/made Special–Order equipment
Cine Photo Tools is registered and operates out of the Republic of South Africa. The law governing these terms and conditions is the law of the Republic of South Africa.
UPDATE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We (subject to the terms of the Act where applicable) reserve the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User’s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.
Although we at Cine Photo Tools endeavour to supply photo tools/repair services of exceptional quality, we cannot be held liable in the instance where the equipment /services undertaken is not according to your specifications or specific need, due to any circumstances without our reasonable control.
These circumstances will include, but it no way limited to the following:
- The client or his/her /its employees not supplying us with the necessary access to their property/ in order to supply/prepare for the necessary/requested services.
- The client or his/her/its employees not providing us with the adequate information, necessary in order to ensure that the photo tools/repair service supplied meets its specific requirements. The Company reserves the right to amend the initial quotation, should the Client’s original requirements change or upon inspection by us.
Notwithstanding the provisions of section 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, neither Cine Photo Tools nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damages, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use the website or the services or content provided from and through this web site, unless such damages, loss or liability were within Cine Photo Tools nor any of its agents or representatives reasonable control.
Cine Photo Tools charges a flat-rate of R150.00 for shipping and the charges are per order delivery to anywhere in South Africa. This is for both Main and regional areas.
. The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the Cine Photo Tools website only. A different rate may be quoted if purchased through our in-store sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday on regular economy service. We will send your order within normal working hours except for weekends and public holidays. Faster delivery can be arranged, but additional charges will apply. Saturday morning deliveries can be also be organised through our sales department directly. Please contact email@example.com to arrange any alternate delivery arrangements. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee in this case.
Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box’s allowed. Unfortunately, we also cannot deliver to special areas such as hospitals, Goods-Receiving areas, hotels etc. We will contact you for an alternate address should you fall into this category. Please give your daytime address to insure successful door-to-door delivery. If we receive your order before 2 pm, we will do our utmost to get it to you within the timeframe stipulated on our website, providing goods are in stock. Orders received after 2 pm might be processed the following day, depending on order volumes.
Our website inventory is updated as often as possible to show the availability of an item. However, should for any reason any goods not be available within the time allocated for delivery, we will contact you immediately to make the appropriate arrangement. If some items ordered are not in stock, one of our consultants will contact you to enquire if you want part or full shipment.
All parcels are properly packed to ensure they arrive safe and sound. While your peace of mind is important to us, it is however a reality that shipping companies are sometimes subject to unforeseen delays. Should any delay happen, we at Cine Photo Tools would follow up and lodge and handle queries with the courier company to rectify the situation.
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT). Cine Photo Tools cannot be held responsible for any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office. Your privacy is important to us. However, cross-border shipments may be subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carrier in order to facilitate customs clearance and compliance. Shipments outside of South Africa are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town store. Please inform us beforehand so that we can have your parcel ready for you when you walk in our door.
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 021 462 6933.
Cine Photo Tools Trade in and Second Hand Sales:
Gear that can be traded:
- Camera lenses, Macro, Zoom, Fixed Focal
- Cine Lenses
- DSLR Cameras, Mid to High End
- Broadcast Video
Following Brands, we can trade
- Kino Flo
Trade in are valued based on these criteria
- Product Age
- Last Retail price
- Working Condition
We will do the utmost to determine the working condition of the trade- in product, if this is not possible we will use a repair agent to determine the working condition of the product.
The Condition of the trade in gear will be determine by these factors.
We work on a rating system. Anything below this rating we usually do not buy in. Equipment is rated according to the following cosmetic scale:
- Demo -never used – used for display or demonstration only
- 10 – Pre-owned but appears as new
- 9- Shows Little or no signs of use
- 8 -Shows signs of use but very clean
- 7- shows moderate wear or finish marks
- 6- well used- may show signs of dings
- 5 – Shows well used more than average wear
Included accessories also gets taken into account.
How can Gear be traded in
- At our Store located as 47 De Villiers Road, Zonnebloem, Cape Town
- If you reside outside of Cape Town, please contact Sales on 021 462 6933 or email email@example.com with a list of your Used Gear for an estimate quote. If the estimate is accepted, please package and post your Used Gear to our physical address below. Once the gear has arrived, we will do a physical examination and assessment, then respond with a final quote after testing.
- If you reside in Cape Town, please bring your Used Gear in for a proper assessment and quote.
- By Contacting our Sales Team on 021 462 6933 or firstname.lastname@example.org, an estimate will be supplied by our sales team which will be valid for 7 days. Cine Photo Tools will only confirm the quote once the goods have been properly inspected and checked in conjunction with our evaluation criteria. Once the quote is accepted the gear will be shipped to Cine Photo tools.
- Once the Gear has been received the condition will be confirmed as per the client description and quote confirmed.
- If the description provided is accurate, we will transfer the funds into your bank account.
- Should the gear not meet the standards as the quote received, and the condition is not as described, this quote be modified to that of the condition of the gear. We will contact you to either modify or rescind our initial offer, with explanation for doing so.
- If the client does not accept the new quote he/she will be responsible for the courier fee
- Quotations are valid for 7 days and will be confirmed once goods have been viewed and tested in accordance with our assessment criteria.
- If the client is happy with our quotation, he/she can choose to be paid via one of the following ways:
- Trade-in credit for use on new equipment
- Electronic transfer into your bank account (Payments may take 7 to 10 days to clear)
- Please package goods safely and insure your parcel, Cine Photo Tools will not be held responsibility for lost or damaged goods incurred during shipping. If goods are received and found not in working order we will contact you immediately.
47 De Villiers street
- Payment will be done Via EFT for all gear or a credit note will be issued against the purchase of new gear
Warranty and Returns
- All used gear carries a 3-month warranty excluding a condition of 5 which has no warranty
- All trade gear will have a 5-day return policy.
- Cine Photo Tools must be made aware of damage or missing items within two working days.
- All returned merchandise must be in the same condition as sold, with all included accessories. If they are not, Cine Photo Tools reserves the right to refuse the return.
- If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement.
Information required in order to facilitate a trade in
By Law we require the following:
- Valid South African ID, Passport or Driver License
- Valid address and contact number
- All Sales persons responsible for the trade of gear will document all details in the register
- Please ensure clear copies are made of the original ID, Passport or Drivers license
- When gear is brought in for a possible trade is important to find out where the gear was purchased if possible to determine if the gear was stolen
- The gear will be checked to see if all serial numbers are intact and of course in good working order
- If for any reason one suspects this to be stolen Contact Officer Van De Venter 021 467 8060
- Once it has been verified the goods are not stolen it can be tested to see if in good working condition
- Once the gear has been tested we can then determine the Cosmetics of the gear we can then make an offer based on the trade-in buying guide
- Once an offer is agreed upon the details of the trade can then be recorded into the register
- The details of the client would appear in the register
- Date bought, ID number, Name and Surname, Contact # Landline If possible, Description of Gear, Serial #’s copy of ID or Passport, Driver License
- If gear is sold the following info needs to entered into the register, Name & Surname, Date Sold, Serial # Copy of ID, contact number