- 7″ 1920 x 1200 Touchscreen LCD
- Record up to DCI or UHD 4K HDR Video
- HDMI and 12G-SDI Video Inputs & Outputs
- 10-Bit, 4:2:2 ProRes & DNxHD Encoding
- 3D LUTs, 2500 cd/m² Brightness
- Stores to Dual SDHC/XC Memory Slots
- Two Balanced Mini-XLR Audio Inputs
- Histogram, Waveform, Vectorscope
- Dual L-Series Type Battery Slots
- 12V Power Adapter Included
The Video Assist records using dual high-speed UHS-II SD slots to SDHC/XC memory cards. You can also use the USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C port to record to an external drive, as well as use it for configuring and upgrading the monitor. Video is recorded using industry-standard Apple ProRes (HQ, 422, LT, or Proxy) and Avid DNxHD and DNxHR codecs.
The monitor’s touchscreen interface allows you to adjust settings and access monitoring features such as histogram, waveform, RGB parade, vectorscope, and many more scopes and exposure tools. There is also a tally light on top of the monitor to indicate that it is operating and recording. To power the monitor, a 12V power adapter is included. It also has dual battery slots on the rear to power the monitor using separately available Sony L-series type batteries.
When you update the firmware to version 3.3, Blackmagic has introduced USB webcam output, so the monitor can send a full 1080p signal to your computer over USB in a streaming-friendly format. Also added is audio monitoring channel selection. This 7″ version also gains XLR audio mapping to different channels and XLR external timecode.