Meet FUJIFILM's New X-T3.
FUJIFILM introduced their latest model in the X Series of mirrorless digital cameras, the X-T3. This fourth generation model sports an all-new back-illuminated 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor and X-Processor 4 image processing engine. With all this improved performance under the hood, the X-T3 promises to deliver remarkable image quality, significantly upgraded AF action, and outstanding tracking of fast-moving subjects along with blackout-free burst shooting.
FUJIFILM asserts that the X-Processor 4 is three times faster than its current models. AF accuracy and speed have also been given a big boost. This processing power allows the camera to autofocus one and a half times faster than the X-T2, enhancing subject tracking ability.
The phase detection AF area now covers the entire frame with a whopping 2.16 million phase detection pixels that are faster and more accurate. The low-light autofocus limit has been extended to -3EV, making it possible to accurately focus in low light conditions. Face/eye detection has also been vastly improved. It is now supported in continuous autofocus mode which means that both AF features can be used during video recording to keep focus locked onto your subjects’ faces.
The X-T3 does not feature an optical low-pass filter, which, in turn, improves sharpness. It has a native ISO range of 160-12800 can be expanded to 80-51200.
The X-T3 features a 0.5-inch, 3.69-million-dot OLED electronic viewfinder with a 0.75x magnification ratio. With a display time lag of just 0.005 and a refresh rate of 100fps, you will be able to clearly see moving subjects and panned scenes. The 3.2-inch, 1.04-million-dot 3 directional tilting LCD touchscreen has a higher contrast and wider viewing angles than the X-T2.
The “Color Chrome Effect,” previously only available in FUJIFILM’S medium-format mirrorless digital camera, the GFX50S, is featured in the X-T3. The effect produces deeper colours and gradation in subjects with vivid colours, such as flowers with shadows, which are notoriously difficult to reproduce. They’ve also added the new “monochrome adjustment” function to the Film Simulation modes. This allows you to digitally reproduce warm and cool black that you would previously achieve with specific photographic papers and developers, for a greater scope of monochrome expressions.
The pièce de résistance is FUJIFILM’S announcement that the X-T3 can shoot 4K DCI at 60 frames per second and up to 400Mbps with a 1.18x crop. 4K DCI at 30 frames per second uses the entire sensor. It also shoots 1080p slow motion at 120 frames per second with a 1.29x crop. Zebra stripes have been added for exposure along with the existing focus peaking for checking focus. The X-T3 can also output video at 10Bit 4:2:0 internally, thanks to the H.265 codec, and 10Bit 4:2:2 through the HDMI output for those using external recorders. It also delivers blackout-free continuous shooting of up to 30fps with a 1.25x crop.
The X-T3 has an innovative “Pre-Shoot” so that you will never miss any crucial moments. The camera starts shooting as soon as the shutter button is half-pressed, thus preventing any missed opportunities due to time lag between the moment when you press the button and the moment when a photo is actually taken.
Other features of the X-T3 include mic and headphone ports, dual memory card slots, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, a micro-HDMI port, a USB3 port, and USB charging.
- 26MP X-Trans 4 BSI CMOS sensor
- ISO 160-12800 (80-51200 extended)
- Quad-core X-Processor 4
- 2.16 million AF points (425 selectable)
- Improved AF Tracking and Face/Eye Detection AF
- 3.0″ 1.04m-dot two-axis tilting touchscreen LCD
- 3.69M-dot electronic viewfinder
- 'Sports Finder' mode: 30fps blackout-free mechanical shooting (electronic shutter, 1.25x crop)
- 20 fps shooting with AF (11 fps with mechanical shutter)
- 4K DCI 60 frames per second (1.18x crop)
- 4K DCI 30 frames per second (full sensor)
- 1080p 120 frames per second (1.29x crop)
- 10Bit 4:2:2 external video
- 10 bit 4:2:0 H.265 internal video capture (4:2:2 over HDMI)
- UHD/DCI 4K/60p from 1.18x crop region
- UHD/DCI 4K/30p using full width of sensor
- Internal F-Log capture (HLG coming by end of 2018)
- USB C-type connector can be used for charging battery
- Headphone and Mic Sockets
- h.264 and h.265 codecs
- HDMI, USB, WiFi & Bluetooth connectivity
- Dual SD Card slots
- Weather sealed magnesium alloy body